Saturday, December 25, 2010

Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini


I was skeptical when I began reading Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini. But that was last night. And today, I am finished with it. That should tell you how well written it is.
Vizzini has captured the not-so-popular teenage mind perfectly in two of his books that I have read (Be More  Chill and It's Kind of a Funny Story). This book is about a teenage boy who finds out about a supercomputer that you can take by pill and become more Cool. (Cool is capitalized in the first part of the book because it is the way our hero thinks. There are two types of cool in his mind.)
So, our hero, Jeremy Heere, goes to extraordinary measures to get his hands on the supercomputer, or, as it is called, the squib. Once he takes it, he listens to the voice of Keanu Reeves which instructs him what to do.
Sadly, the squib turns up not always working out how he would like it to.

Check back soon for my review of Zombies VS. Unicorns. I don't have the time to review it right now because I want to go into detail of every story.

Edit: Oh, and Mr. Vizzini, in the highly unlikely event that you read this, you should know that nobody wants to know that the hero of the story is uncircumcised. Just sayin'. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Also thank you for thinking of me, but please do not give any awards that require passing on to other blogs. I simply do not have the time.