Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

Okay, I am guilty... Of reading a book just because I really wanted to see the movie. I did it with this book and many others, but I only do it when I am sure that the book will be good too. It's Kind of a Funny Story is a great book about suicide because while the topic of the book should be depressing, this book makes you smile and laugh. The ending of the book brings no sadness, only hope.

Craig Gilner would look like a normal, happy teen to anybody on the outside. But since he got into a prestigious high school, he was stressed out to the point of wanting to kill himself. When it got too bad, he ended up admitting himself in a hospital, where he meets some incredible people who are in bad situations. These people help to turn his life around.

And, still, I have not watched the movie, but I LOVED the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Also thank you for thinking of me, but please do not give any awards that require passing on to other blogs. I simply do not have the time.