Friday, February 11, 2011

Beastly by Alex Flinn

With the Teen Readers Book Club over at Goodreads.com, we are reading Beastly throughout February. I finished it a little early so that I could read more books on my personal list. There were things I loved, things I didn't like so much, and things I hated.

Kyle Kingsbury is not a good guy. He lives for himself and nobody else, treating women like objects. When he is nominated for Homecoming King (was it homecoming? Correct me if I'm wrong--it's been a while), a girl calls him out on it. When he fakes an appology later, he asks the girl to go to the dance with him. But it's all a lie. When some people realize how he is, somebody turns him into what his inner self is--a beast.

Positives: Pretty good story, interesting enough characters, and something small yet unexpected at the ending.
Negatives: TypeOhs (maybe it was just the version I read, but there were lots of them.), unrealistic situations (Of course, it IS a fantasy, but come on...), and a few others that would give stuff away.

Read Beastly at your own risk. The typohs and other negatives made the book seem a little bit unprofessional to me. But that's just me.

3 comments:

  1. agreed! hard to read sometimes, gets pretty annoying, right?
    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's like, does he even have an editor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol but maybe it was just because it was an online edition, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Also thank you for thinking of me, but please do not give any awards that require passing on to other blogs. I simply do not have the time.