Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Scorch Trials

Sorry I haven't been updating as much as I'd like, I've got stuff to do. I've recently read The Scorch Trials by James Dashner.
While I was entertained by the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I didn't think that the book was nearly as strong as The Maze Runer. Especially the beginning, the book was sort of dull. I didn't feel that it was really interesting until it was nearly 3/4 over, and I got bored with it often.

Dashner's writing is good, don't get me wrong, but the story he is writing in this book was just a little uninteresting at first. You can see how that would be a letdown when The Maze Runner was very eventful.

Overal, I would give this book about a 7 out of 10, because it's still really good. I just am judging it based on The Maze Runner, and I feel that the series got a bit worse with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Also thank you for thinking of me, but please do not give any awards that require passing on to other blogs. I simply do not have the time.