Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dead on Town Line by Leslie Connor

Today, at Books-A-Million, I spotted a wonderful discount shelf with really cheap YA Fiction. I was pumped, but I only had a couple bucks :( However, I was able to pick up one book for only a buck! I was so pumped. The book was small, but the cover drew me in:

I love it. And what drew me even more was that when I opened it, I found that it was in verse! I love books in verse, if you didn't know that yet. It was short, and I knew that since it was in verse, it would be a verrrry quick read for me. (It's about 131 pages, and I read it on the trip from Branson to Springfield, MO, if that shows you anything.)

The book starts with a dead girl who has been murdered.

She's the narrator, and she's in a post-death state. Aparrently, if you die, you don't move on to the Next unless they find the body. Huh.

Although I don't necessarily agree with the post-life ideas that this book had, I can look past that. It was an interesting enough idea, I guess. It's kind of like purgatory that you can't control.

She meets a lady who shares the tale of her dark death in a voice that was hard to get used to at first. Later, I liked the voice because it was unique.

Leslie Connor has written a great book. I could read it over and over again, like To Kill a Mockingbird.

Check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Also thank you for thinking of me, but please do not give any awards that require passing on to other blogs. I simply do not have the time.