Sunday, August 14, 2011

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Okay, I know I just reviewed Paper Towns on here, and now I'm reviewing another Green novel. Get used to it, I'm on a bit of a kick right now. That should tell you something about the books, though.
Looking for Alaska tells the story of Miles 'Pudge' Halter, the last-word-obsessed boy who decides to go in search of what he calls the 'Great Perhaps'. He does this by attending a boarding school that his dad went to, where he meets his roomate, the Colonel, and of course Alaska Young.
Green's writing is addictive, funny, and at times sad in ways that other authors sometimes fall short. All of his characters are carefully put together and interesting; he makes you actually care about them. Where a few of the smaller characters seemed cliche, it was made up for with the awesome characters that got the spotlight of this book.
If you're in the bookstore and you see this book, pick it up. And also Green's other books, because they're all pretty awesome. It will be worth it, I promise you!
4/5*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Also thank you for thinking of me, but please do not give any awards that require passing on to other blogs. I simply do not have the time.