Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking.

Let me start out by saying that I am very impressed with Hocking's success. Her writing is good, especially (in my opinion) Ascend and Hollowland. That said, I'm really not a huge fan of this one.

My Blood Approves starts out with Jane and Alice trying to get into a night club. They get ganged up on by these people, and then this guy Jack helps them out. Everybody stares at Jack and stuff. It's kinda creepy. Anyways, Alice isn't obsessed with Jack like most, but she becomes infatuated with him and his family for what seems like no other reason than because she is the main character of this book. And, of course, they happen to be vampires. I know Hocking probably hears this from everybody who reads this, and I went into the book completely unbiased, but this seems about like Twilight with a different name and some other factors. If the second book involves werewolves, I'll be pissed, haha. The book seemed unoriginal, and excrutiatingly boring. I don't think that I'll be getting Fate, the second installment in this series.

Check back later--I've just bought a bunch of books, so I'll definately be posting updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Also thank you for thinking of me, but please do not give any awards that require passing on to other blogs. I simply do not have the time.